- Chop the chocolate into fine pieces.
- Melt 70% of the total quantity in a microwave or bain-marie, until the chocolate reaches the recommended melting temperature (see table).
- If using a microwave: heat only for 30-60 seconds, take the chocolate out and stir it well. Repeat the progress until you reach a homogenous texture without any grains.
- Note: Melt the chocolate step-by-step, because just like milk, chocolate can burn easily. – The smaller the amount of chocolate you want to melt, the shorter the heating periods should be.
- Stop heating and add the remaining 30% of the chopped chocolate to the mix.
- Stir intensively. Thereby you ensure that the added chocolate melts in the mix, while cooling it down to the desired working temperature.
Note: The chocolate has to be TEMPERED, if you want to mould it into any desired shape and achieve a smooth, glossy and evenly colored texture.